Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Lesson in Patience


 
Ellie desperately wanted the window in my room open. She was trying very hard and getting rather upset. I tried to help and in typical toddler fashion she yelled at me to "top it! Go way." She was so sure that I wasn't going to let her open it that she fought me with all that stubborn passion that is my Ellie.

"Honey, you need to move so I can do this for you." I said it but then I heard Him echo it back to me as I opened the window and helped my little girl reach her goal.

How many times have I thrown a toddler tantrum when He was trying to get the job done, how many times did I get angry at His "interference" as I approached my goal?

I'm a doer, a doer who does it all by myself. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to get out of the way and let Him get the job done.




No comments:

Post a Comment