Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sometimes life just has to happen

Sometimes you suffer from daylight savings time jetlag...

Sometimes your house needs your attention...

Sometimes your kids get sick...

Sometimes your nephew has extensive surgery to repair his cleft lip and your sister is going through something that you've never experienced before and all you can do is pray...

Sometimes your preschooler kills your keyboard with YOUR giant glass of water...

Sometimes you feel like your head is gonna explode because your sixth grader is doing math that you haven't done in a couple of decades...

Sometimes your toddler removes her poopy diaper and all you can do is laugh and be thankful that your floor already looks like poo...

and blogging just needs to take the back burner for a few days.


I stole the kids' keyboard and I'm hiding in my room at this very moment. I missed writing and getting all of the swirling thoughts out of my head and out where I can see them and make sense of them. Some of us think better when we write it all out.

I've had a lot of deep thoughts and ideas swirling lately...

Is the plan that I know God has written out for me working? Yes. There is no fast track to where He wants me to be. I need to trust Him and tell the lies swirling in my head to take a hike.

Are we living life too slow in a lightning speed world? No, this pace is the pace that we thrive in. We don't have to run as fast as the Joneses. I have time to take care of people at this pace. It wouldn't be possible if our life was faster.

 Jesus really does love me for me.

And some not so deep ones...

I want new curtains in my dining room. Something light and colorful to replace the blue that has been there for ages.

We're only buying milk and produce this weekend for groceries because I did a massive stock up last week.

I want winter to end. This has been the longest winter in Michigan that I can remember. I am ready for the snowpants and snowboots to be put away. I have even complained to my sister. I was whining and saying that this season will never end. She reminded me of Genesis and God's promises. I'm holding on to this particular promise in a full-on-toddler-on-parent-leg-death-grip on this 21 degree March day.




 In case you were wondering, that's not the ocean. That's what farmland looks like through the fog in southern Michigan at sunrise while you're cruising down the road running late for church on Daylight Saving Sunday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment