Saturday, March 1, 2014

Blackberry Jubilee

Meijer had blackberries on sale last week and that man of mine has a definite weakness for the sweet treats. I decided to make him a little something special for dessert this week. My mom is nearly famous for her Cherries Jubilee recipe.  Kev loves it but I am not a canned cherry fan so Mom always leaves my piece naked. ;) This was my inspiration for a little lovin' from the kitchen for my hard working man. I just guessed my way through the recipe. I really do need to write down Mom's recipe though!!

I pulverized two sleeves of graham crackers in my food processor. I added a quarter cup of brown sugar and about 3/4 cup of coconut oil. You could use melted butter but coconut oil is more economical for us. I pressed this mixture into a 9 by 13 glass pan and popped it into a 350 degree oven for around 25 minutes.

I then mixed three packages of neufchatel cheese with a tablespoon of lemon juice, a cup of powdered sugar, and about a quarter cup of half and half in my kitchen aid with the whisk attachment.


I took three 6 ounce containers of blackberries and rinsed them off. Then I put them in a bowl and sprinkled sugar and a bit of zest and lemon juice on top.

Once the crust was cooled, I spread the cream layer evenly and topped it with the blackberries. I made this shortly after lunch and put it in the fridge for after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment