Wednesday, October 30, 2013

56-62 Days Music and Pictures and Wrapping, Oh my!

I fell a bit behind in my blogging this week. We planned a party for my Dad's 60th birthday and I did a LOT of cooking and baking so I'm grouping the next week full of days into one post. I hope you don't mind. ;)

62-Get out the Christmas Music

I know that this is very very early for some people but hear me out. I LOVE the instrumental simple Christmas Carols. I enjoy the peace that I feel when those songs play softly in the background of my very chaotic life. I don't let the Jingle Bell/Santa Claus/Baby, it's cold outside type of songs play in the house until November but I do like ushering in the season of harvest and thanksgiving with songs of Joy, Hope, Peace, and Love.

61- Discuss family picture ideas and put it on the calendar.

We have so many ideas and plans but if we don't make a decision soon then we won't have any pictures to give at Christmas time!!

60- Bring out the Candles

Like the Christmas instrumentals that bring peace, the smell of cinnamon and spice bring an extra touch of peace to my home.

59- Ditch the Extra stuff

So many people rush and rush and rush that they never have the time to just enjoy the moment. We plan as little as possible for the Fall and Winter months. I still focus on family functions but the extra places to be and things to do are easily declined when my focus is making my home into a haven for my family to rest in.

58- Wrapping Ideas

Every year, my in laws host a wrapping competition. We post pictures of our wrapped gifts on facebook and let a couple hundred of our friends vote. In fact, the image that I chose to represent my 75 days of Christmas is our wrapping from last year. The winner typically gets expensive chocolate. We win a lot, not always but around fifty percent of the time. We need to start brainstorming ideas for this year! :)

57- Church Children's Christmas Program

This year I have decided that I'm not doing the Christmas Program. It stresses me out and there are a LOT of other people who are talented enough to come up with something. My friend Lisa volunteered this year and I am SOOOOO thankful to have this removed from my to do list!!

56- Cookie Dough

I try to put some cookie dough in the freezer for those days that I just don't feel like thinking but the kids want Christmas cookies. There are a lot of cute spiral freezer cookie rolls that you can whip up now to enjoy later.

No comments:

Post a Comment