Sunday, August 4, 2013

Busy Summertime

I can't believe it's been a month. :( Bad bad blogger!

We've been extremely busy with the garden and taking the kids swimming every chance we can get!

I was also way beyond busy last week as I fed over 100 people dinner every night from Monday-Friday. VBS was at our church this past week and we do VBS in a very big very long way. The workers are there from 5-9:30!! A lot of them come straight from work and either grab some fast food or go hungry. The hermit in me does not like VBS at all but I have been blessed with the ability to cook so I did. Each adult paid $10 a week and each kid was $5. I was given a whole portable (think half a double wide that's a giant room) and I have the most awesomest hubby in the universe who was there to calm me down and run errands while I cooked my days away.

Our menu was varied and a lot better for you than a McHeartattack. ;)

Monday-Mushroom meatballs (Sam's club meatballs not homemade but the sauce was from scratch), Mashed potatoes (only one blister this year, score!), green  beans, and home canned applesauce.

Tuesday-BBQ chicken sandwiches with homemade bbq that I made up as I went along, coleslaw, watermelon, and chips

Wednesday- Penne Pasta Bake with leftover meatballs and homemade marinara, Olive garden salad (Sam's club sells OG dressing!), and garlic bread.

Thursday- Chicken taco bar with two kinds of beans, homemade salsa, sauteed onion and peppers, cheese, lettuce, olives, spanish rice, velveeta and rotel dip, and tortilla chips.

Friday- We picked up 28 pizzas and I made another batch of OG salad.

I am soooo tired!! But I am very blessed that we were able to help take care of the VBS workers and their families.

Now, I just need to find my kitchen and then try to catch up on my garden chores and laundry...wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment