Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Confessions of a not-so-domestic engineer

I have a dirty secret. I am ashamed by it and I don't talk about it except to my closest friends. BUT that's changing. I need to tell someone so why not the world wide web. I have a fear of people finding this out. I worry about it a lot. That fear is pretty controlling sometimes.

So, what's this huge issue that I have?

I hate cleaning. So I don't do it.

Think about it.

4 kids.

2 dogs.

A cat, fish, and turtle.

A husband with more tools than any one man should own.

And me with my plethora of cookbooks, cookware, cake pans, knitting supplies, sewing supplies, crafts of any kind really...  (Then there's the conglomeration of cups next to my computer right now, 8 of them...)

The laundry.

The dishes.

The clutter.

I may not be to hoarder levels but I have definitely reached the "Clean House with Niecy Nash" level.

I feel like a failure.

I hate this part of me. HATE IT.

But I can do ALL things...
 Philippians 4:13 I can do everything by the power of Christ. He gives me strength.
This is me. Publicly announcing that I am relying on the power of Christ for something so seemingly simple. But THIS is my Dragon, my Mountain, my Quest. I may not be able to do this BUT He can.


No comments:

Post a Comment