Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Needs

This week I'm trying to focus on getting our home clean and getting our crew ready for our vacation. Last night I was so caught up in my list of things that needed to be done that I brushed off something that was way more important than my to do list. I was rushing around to get dinner on the table, the house picked up more, the laundry done, the children on task...and my husband kept stopping in the kitchen with this look on his face. I honestly thought that he was getting sick or something horrible was wrong. After a while, with my hands still in the sink scrubbing away, I asked him what was wrong.

"I need snuggles."

You see, we have a routine. Hubby gets home from work and we go snuggle for a bit and talk about our day. I thought it was for me. My love languages are time and touch. I have a very real need for snuggle time but I was in the zone. I chose NOT to have that snuggle time so that I could get my jobs done before the kids were in bed. He kept coming up to me at the sink and cuddling (which I LOVE, I'd wash dishes all day if it meant that he'd be there) but I didn't realize that HE needed that snuggle time just as much as I did.

So I dropped everything, left the dishes that just needed to be rinsed, and went to snuggle with the man of my dreams. Our relationship is more important than dirty dishes, unmopped floors, and vacation preparation. We're already beginning to grow old together. He's losing more hair (and I love the feel of the peach fuzz that's replacing it! lol) and I have several more sparkles (grays) than last year.

Our children will one day move away, we'll likely move out of this house, but we will be together for as long as the Good Lord allows and I need to treasure each day with my best friend as a priority. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment