Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Today is Someday.

Today is Someday.

I am a natural procrastinator. I have these dreams of what life will be like someday. Always someday. Never Today. Today is Someday. Tomorrow is Someday.

Dreams cannot be achieved through procrastination.

So, what's my dream? To have a house that doesn't look like a tornado named me ran through it at full tilt. To have homecooked real food on the table again. To be able to be proud of the job that I do for my family every day.

It's not going to be easy, especially with the littlest not sleeping through the night yet. This mama is tired but determined. 


So what did I do on this Someday?
I got dressed, did my hair, put on my apron, and even threw on some makeup before ten.


We spent 30 minutes cleaning up the dining room. There was much weeping and gnashing of teeth. ;)

I made hummus with veggies for lunch.

Hummus with Peanut Butter recipe
2 15.5oz cans garbanzo beans/chickpeas mostly drained
1/3 cup peanut butter (Tahini, a sesame paste is typically used but I didn't have any.)
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp soy sauce/salt
drizzle of olive oil
3 tbls of lemon or lime juice (I used lime.)

Throw all of this in your handy dandy food processor with the chopping blade and pulverize to your heart's content! :)  You may need to add some more flavor. My kids are not very adventurous with their food yet. I added several drops of hot sauce.
Serve with veggies, crackers, spoons, fingers....
LEFTOVERS!!!


um. yeah. I need to go, I have an appointment with that food processor bowl.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment